>Hello Sohib EditorOnline, are you interested in learning how to wear a sarung for Muslim women? Today, we will be discussing the steps on how to wear a sarung for santri putri. A sarung is a traditional long cloth worn by men and women in Indonesia. It is commonly used as a casual or formal wear, especially during religious events.
Step 1: Choosing the Right Sarung
The first step in wearing a sarung is to choose the right one. Make sure that the sarung you choose is appropriate for the occasion. Sarungs come in different colours and patterns, so choose one that fits the dress code of the event.
It is also important to choose the right size. The sarung should be long enough to cover your legs and touch the floor when you stand. It should also be wide enough to wrap around your waist and create pleats.
FAQ: What fabric is best for sarung?
|Comfortable, durable, and stylish.
|Expensive and can be heavy.
|Lightweight, easy to care for, and affordable.
|Less formal than batik.
|Elegant and soft.
|Not suitable for everyday wear and can be expensive.
Step 2: Wearing the Sarung
Now that you have chosen the right sarung, it’s time to wear it. Here are the steps:
- Hold the sarung horizontally in front of you.
- Wrap the sarung around your waist, making sure that both ends are even.
- Create pleats on the right side of the sarung, making sure that the pleats are even and facing towards the left.
- Hold the pleats and fold them towards the left side of your waist.
- Repeat the same process on the left side of the sarung, making pleats that face towards the right side.
- Take the end of the sarung on the right side and pull it towards the front of your body, tucking it into the pleats on the left side.
- Do the same process with the end of the sarung on the left side, pulling it towards the front of your body and tucking it into the pleats on the right side.
- Adjust the pleats and make sure that they are even.
FAQ: How do I tie the knot at the front of my sarung?
After you have made the pleats, take the ends of the sarung and tie them at the front of your waist. You can tie them in a knot or a bow, depending on your preference. Make sure that the knot is secure and not too tight.
Step 3: Styling the Sarung
Once you have worn the sarung, you can style it in different ways. Here are some ideas:
1. Pair it with a blouse
You can wear a blouse or a t-shirt with your sarung. Choose a top that complements the colour of your sarung, and tuck it in.
2. Add a shawl
You can also add a shawl to your outfit, especially if the event is formal. Choose a shawl that matches the colour of your sarung, and drape it over your shoulders.
3. Use accessories
You can use accessories like a belt or a brooch to accessorize your sarung. Choose accessories that are simple and not too flashy.
FAQ: Can I wear a sarung to a formal event?
Yes, you can wear a sarung to a formal event, especially if the dress code is traditional or cultural. Just make sure that your sarung is appropriate for the occasion, and accessorize it accordingly.
Now that you know how to wear a sarung, you can confidently wear it to any occasion. Remember to choose the right sarung, wear it properly, and style it according to the occasion. Happy wearing!