>Hello Sohib EditorOnline! If you are looking for information about how to obtain a central Taxpayer Identification Number (NPWP), you have come to the right place. In this article, we will guide you through the process of obtaining your NPWP in Indonesia. We will cover everything from the basic requirements to the step-by-step application process, so you can get your NPWP quickly and easily. Let’s get started!
What is a central NPWP?
Before we dive into the details of how to obtain your central NPWP, let’s first clarify what it is. A central NPWP is a unique identification number issued by the Indonesian government to individuals and businesses for tax purposes. This number is used to identify taxpayers and to link their tax records with the government’s records.
The central NPWP is required for all Indonesians who have taxable income, including employees, business owners, and freelancers. Without this number, you will not be able to:
- File your income tax return;
- Claim deductions on your income tax return;
- Apply for a tax refund;
- Open a bank account;
- Conduct business transactions (e.g., buying/selling property, signing contracts);
- Apply for a loan or credit card;
- Join the Indonesian National Health Insurance Scheme (BPJS Kesehatan).
Is a central NPWP different from a local NPWP?
Yes, there are two types of NPWP in Indonesia: central and local. A central NPWP is issued by the Directorate General of Taxation (DGT) and is valid nationwide. This means that you can use your central NPWP to file your income tax return regardless of where you live or work in Indonesia.
A local NPWP, on the other hand, is issued by the local tax office and is only valid within the area covered by that office. If you move to another area, you will need to apply for a new local NPWP. Therefore, it is recommended that you apply for a central NPWP instead of a local one.
Requirements for Obtaining a Central NPWP
Now that we understand what a central NPWP is, let’s look at the requirements for obtaining one. To apply for a central NPWP, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are an Indonesian citizen or a foreigner who has a Tax Identification Number (TIN) in your home country;
- You have taxable income in Indonesia;
- You have a valid email address and phone number;
- You have a valid identification document (KTP for Indonesians, passport for foreigners);
- You are at least 17 years old.
If you meet these requirements, you can proceed to the next step: applying for your central NPWP.
How to Apply for a Central NPWP
There are several ways to apply for a central NPWP in Indonesia. Here are the most common methods:
Method 1: Apply Online via the e-Registration System
The easiest and most convenient way to apply for your central NPWP is through the e-Registration system. This is an online platform provided by the DGT that allows you to apply for your NPWP and track the status of your application. Here are the steps to apply for your NPWP via e-Registration:
- Visit the e-Registration website (https://ereg.pajak.go.id);
- Register for a new account using your email address;
- Fill out the online application form with your personal and tax information;
- Upload a scanned copy of your identification document;
- Submit your application.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email with your application number. You can use this number to check the status of your application on the e-Registration website.
Method 2: Apply in Person at the Local Tax Office
If you prefer to apply in person, you can visit your local tax office to apply for your central NPWP. Here are the steps to apply in person:
- Visit your local tax office;
- Bring your identification document and tax information;
- Fill out the NPWP application form provided by the tax office;
- Submit your application and wait for approval.
Method 3: Apply Through a Tax Agent
If you do not have the time or expertise to apply for your NPWP yourself, you can hire a tax agent to do it for you. A tax agent is a professional who specializes in tax matters and can help you with your application. Here are the steps to apply through a tax agent:
- Find a reputable tax agent;
- Provide your personal and tax information to the tax agent;
- Pay the agent’s fee;
- Wait for your NPWP to be issued.
Here are some common questions and answers about NPWP:
Do I need a separate NPWP for each business entity?
Yes, if you have more than one business entity, you will need a separate NPWP for each entity.
What happens if I lose my NPWP?
If you lose your NPWP, you can apply for a replacement at your local tax office or through the e-Registration system. You will need to provide your personal and tax information and pay a fee for the replacement.
Is my NPWP permanent?
Yes, your NPWP is permanent and will not change even if you change your name, address, or business entity.
What if I have multiple sources of income?
If you have multiple sources of income, you will need to report all of them on your income tax return and pay taxes on each source separately.
Can I apply for an NPWP if I am not an Indonesian citizen?
Yes, if you are a foreigner who has a TIN in your home country, you can apply for a central NPWP in Indonesia.
Congratulations! You have now learned how to obtain your central NPWP in Indonesia. Remember, having an NPWP is important for all Indonesians with taxable income. With your NPWP, you can file your income tax return, claim deductions, apply for a refund, and conduct business transactions. Don’t hesitate to apply for your NPWP today!