>Hello Sohib EditorOnline, welcome to our article about the proper procedure for performing tarawih prayer consisting of 23 rakaat. This article will guide you on the step-by-step process of performing this specific type of prayer.
What is Tarawih Prayer?
Tarawih prayer is an additional night prayer performed during the month of Ramadan after the obligatory Isha prayer. This prayer is highly recommended for Muslims to perform during the month of Ramadan. It is recommended to perform tarawih prayer in congregation at the mosque, but it can also be performed individually at home.
Why 23 Rakaat?
The number of rakaat can vary depending on the masjid or individual preference, but traditionally tarawih prayer consists of 20 rakaat. However, some masjids add an additional 3 rakaat of witr prayer making the total number of rakaat 23.
Preparation for Tarawih Prayer
Before performing tarawih prayer, it is important to perform wudu (ablution) and wear clean clothes. Find a clean and quiet place to perform the prayer, making sure that there are no distractions. It is also recommended to recite Quran before performing the prayer to prepare oneself spiritually.
Procedure for Tarawih Prayer
1. Begin with the intention (niyyah) of performing tarawih prayer consisting of 23 rakaat.
2. Start with a 2 rakaat prayer, reciting Surah Al-Fatiha and a surah of your choice in each rakat.
3. After the 2 rakaat prayer, perform 4 rakaat prayers again reciting Surah Al-Fatiha and a surah of your choice in each rakat.
4. Repeat step 3 for the next 4 rakaats, totaling 8 rakaats.
5. Perform 2 rakaats of shaf prayer.
6. Perform 1 rakaat of witr prayer.
7. Repeat step 3 for the next 4 rakaat, totaling 12 rakaat.
8. Perform 2 rakaat of shaf prayer.
9. Perform 1 rakaat of witr prayer.
10. Repeat step 3 for the next 4 rakaat, totaling 16 rakaat.
11. Perform 2 rakaat of shaf prayer.
12. Perform 1 rakaat of witr prayer.
13. Repeat step 3 for the next 3 rakaat, totaling 19 rakaat.
14. Perform 2 rakaat of shaf prayer.
15. Perform 1 rakaat of witr prayer.
16. Finish with 2 final rakaat of shaf prayer.
17. End the prayer with the salam (saying ‘Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh’ to your right and left).
The Importance of Tarawih Prayer
Tarawih prayer is a highly recommended practice during Ramadan. It gives us an opportunity to increase our worship and devotion to Allah. It also helps us develop a stronger connection with the Quran and our fellow Muslims who perform the prayer in congregation.
Tarawih Prayer FAQ
|Can I perform tarawih prayer alone?
|Yes, you can perform tarawih prayer alone at home, but it is recommended to perform it in congregation at the mosque.
|Can I perform tarawih prayer after Isha prayer?
|Yes, tarawih prayer is performed after the obligatory Isha prayer.
|How long does it take to perform tarawih prayer?
|The time it takes to perform tarawih prayer can vary depending on the number of rakaat and the speed of recitation. On average, it can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours.
|Can I break tarawih prayer and continue later?
|No, it is recommended to perform tarawih prayer in one sitting, but if necessary it can be broken and continued later.
|Can women perform tarawih prayer?
|Yes, women can perform tarawih prayer at the mosque or at home.
Performing tarawih prayer is an important aspect of Ramadan for Muslims. The procedure of performing tarawih prayer consisting of 23 rakaat has been explained step-by-step in this article. It is important to remember that performing tarawih prayer is not just about the physical act, but also about connecting with Allah and the Quran. May Allah accept our prayers and make Ramadan a blessed month for us all. Ameen.