>Hello Sohib EditorOnline, welcome to our journal article which is all about Cara Membuat Bumbu Urap. Bumbu urap is a traditional Indonesian dish that is usually served as a side dish. It’s made from various herbs, spices and vegetables that are mixed together to create a perfect blend of flavors. In this article, we will guide you through the steps of making this delicious dish.
What is Bumbu Urap?
Bumbu urap is a traditional Indonesian dish that is usually served as a side dish. It’s made from various herbs, spices and vegetables that are mixed together to create a perfect blend of flavors. The main ingredients of bumbu urap are usually grated coconut, some vegetables such as cabbage, bean sprouts, long beans, and spices such as shallots, garlic, chili pepper, and tamarind. Bumbu urap is usually served as a side dish with rice and other Indonesian dishes.
What are the ingredients of bumbu urap?
Bumbu urap is made from various herbs, spices, and vegetables that are mixed together to create a delicious blend of flavors. Here are the ingredients that you will need:
|1 cup, thinly sliced
|1 cup, thinly sliced
|2 cloves, thinly sliced
|2 cloves, minced
|2 pieces, thinly sliced
How to prepare the ingredients?
Before you start making the bumbu urap, you will need to prepare the ingredients. Here are the steps:
1. Grate the coconut and then roast it until it turns golden brown. Set it aside.
2. Thinly slice the cabbage and the long beans. Wash the bean sprouts and set them aside.
3. Peel the shallots and thinly slice them. Mince the garlic cloves. Thinly slice the chili pepper.
4. Mix the tamarind with some water and then strain it to remove any seeds or pulp.
How to make bumbu urap?
Step 1: Fry the spices
1. Heat up some oil in a frying pan. Add the sliced shallots, minced garlic, and thinly sliced chili pepper.
2. Fry the spices until they turn fragrant and golden brown.
Step 2: Add the vegetables
1. Add the sliced cabbage, long beans, and bean sprouts to the pan. Stir well.
2. Add some water to the pan and stir again.
3. Add the roasted grated coconut to the mixture and stir well.
Step 3: Seasoning
1. Add the tamarind water, sugar, and salt to the mixture. Stir well.
2. Cook the mixture for a few minutes until the vegetables are cooked but still crunchy.
3. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Step 4: Serve
1. Once the bumbu urap is cooked, it’s ready to be served.
2. Serve it as a side dish with rice and other Indonesian dishes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use other vegetables?
Yes, you can use other vegetables such as carrots, cucumber, or spinach. However, make sure that they are thinly sliced so that they can be easily mixed with the other ingredients.
2. Can I skip the tamarind?
Yes, you can skip the tamarind if you don’t have it. However, the tamarind adds a sour taste to the dish, so you might want to add some other souring agents such as lime or lemon juice.
3. Can I use desiccated coconut?
Yes, you can use desiccated coconut if you don’t have fresh grated coconut. However, the fresh grated coconut provides a better flavor and texture to the dish.
4. How long does bumbu urap last in the fridge?
Bumbu urap can last for up to 3 days in the fridge if stored properly in an airtight container. However, it’s best to consume it the same day it’s made.
5. Can I make bumbu urap in advance?
Yes, you can make bumbu urap in advance. However, it’s best to add the roasted grated coconut just before serving to maintain its texture and flavor.
We hope this article helps you to make a delicious bumbu urap. Enjoy!